We're always on the lookout for talented people to join the Dan the Man team. Whether you're a superstar chef, passionate cook, multi-tasking event coordinator, operations ninja, our kind of stylist, natural wine aficionado or just a super interested and interesting down to earth person, we'd love to hear from you.
Please intro yourself via firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Positions Available:
'Kitchen to Plate' Customer Service Legend
The customer service role is a 4 or 5 day a week role responding to catering enquiries from new and existing clients. You will be required to send menus based on their requirements (we have all the menus you'll need), put together a quote, liaise with suppliers (e.g. partyhire, floral, stylists, barstaff), and if all confirmed, brief kitchen staff and follow up with the client after the event. The right fit will also need to set up our grazing tables so a creative eye is a definite bonus!
The role / Skills required
- friendly, positive phone voice and playful professional can do emails
- we're a small team, and we don't like unnecessary heirachy, so a hands on approach to things outside your 'job description' is a must
- incredible attention to detail. You may be managing up to 10 jobs a week and small aspects to each job can change at any time. Being able to ensure you're passing on accurate info to kitchen staff is crucial.
- managing stakeholders. This role requires a beautiful balance of stakeholder management from clients, to suppliers to the kitchen team. All needs need to be understood and catered for (pardon the pun). In all seriousness, someone who understands what each stakeholder needs and can deliver on their needs will be most effective in this role.
- a brilliant and organised system for managing incoming enquiries. We have a less than 24 hour response policy when an enquiry comes in so keeping track of who you have and haven't responded to is critical. Missing an email can reflect negatively on the brand.
- a keen interest in our food system and how we source our produce and minimise waste is a bonus
- an interest in contributing to menu planning and food display is a bonus
- a flexible work ethic. Sometimes you may be required to come in on a Saturday or Sunday to help set up a grazing table, but if you're happy to be flexible with us, we're more than happy to be flexible with you. We're not hours counters, we appreciate good work done well, and good breaks whether that's the flexibility of getting life admin done in office hours or pursuing a personal passion.
- being a good person. We're a bunch of honest people who like doing good work and believe in building and supporting a safe and fun office culture.